Tuesday, July 26, 2005

In the beginning

A dude sat down at his computer and started typing with the Dead's "Eyes of the World" playing in the background. Cicero was right, the dude thought, when he wrote, "Omnium rerum principia parva sunt" or "stuff is small in the beginning." Yep, small indeed, not a drop of Dharma yet....but stay tuned, I'm sure you've read the theory that a billion monkeys plunking on a keyboard would eventually write Shakespeare and I'm not aiming that high, which should be blindingly apparent to any who note the casual shift from third to first person (or the run on sentence, I just couldn't stop myself) . Perhaps the shift from "him" to "me" symbolizes my decision to "jump into" this new persona , either that or I can't write worth a lick. As Fox News puts it, "we report, you decide."

0 comments: